Jalapeno Cheese Dip
|DISCLAIMER: AS AN AMAZON ASSOCIATE I EARN FROM QUALIFYING PURCHASES. THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS THAT WILL REWARD ME MONETARILY OR OTHERWISE WHEN YOU USE THEM TO MAKE QUALIFYING PURCHASES. FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE READ MY EARNINGS DISCLAIMER.
One of the classic flavor combinations is jalapenos and cheese. It’s used in jalapeno poppers, nachos, and many other dishes because of the great flavor they make together.
This jalapeno cheese dip is no different and is excellent with tortilla chips, a vegetable platter, or on fajitas.
It’s all super quick and easy to make, going from start to finish in about 15 minutes. For an added depth of flavor add some crumbled bacon to the jalapeno cheese dip.
- 1 Pound of Velveeta Cheese
- Jalapeno Peppers: 2 for Mild, 4 for Medium, 6 for Hot
1. Coarsely chop the Velveeta cheese and add to a pot on the stove. Turn the stove to medium / medium low and begin melting the cheese, stirring regularly.
2. While the cheese is melting, remove the stem and seeds from the jalapeno peppers and mince them. You can use a bigger cut if you prefer spicier bites in your cheese dip. Put the minced jalapenos into the pot with the cheese as you go.
3. Once the cheese is melted and all the jalapeno peppers are in it be sure to stir well and remain on the heat for a few minutes so the flavors can meld.
4. Pour the jalapeno cheese dip into a bowl and serve with with chips, vegetables or anything else that goes good with cheese.