Jalapeno Pepper Hot Sauce Recipe
|DISCLAIMER: AS AN AMAZON ASSOCIATE I EARN FROM QUALIFYING PURCHASES. THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS THAT WILL REWARD ME MONETARILY OR OTHERWISE WHEN YOU USE THEM TO MAKE QUALIFYING PURCHASES. FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE READ MY EARNINGS DISCLAIMER.
Hot sauces are a wonderful addition to any pantry and can be used for anything from a Bloody Mary pick-me-up to a spicy salad vinaigrette to add some heat to soups. Jalapeno hot sauce is a great starter hot sauce that can add some heat and flavor without overwhelming a dish.
There’s various jalapeno hot sauce recipes and each one carries its own flavor and flair. However, most of the hot sauces follow the same general process.
Jalapeno Pepper Hot Sauce Process
1) Create the undertone flavors for the jalapeno pepper hot sauce by combining other ingredients such as onion, carrot, celery, other chile peppers, garlic and spices. Sometimes these ingredients are also sauteed to bring out even more of their flavor.
2) Remove the stems and roughly chop the jalapeno peppers. Some recipes call for removing the seeds while others prefer to leave them in. This is mainly a matter of preference.
3) Put the jalapeno peppers and base ingredients into a blender. Add a liquid, normally a vinegar or citrus juice, and blend until smooth.
4) Simmer the mixture on the stove for a few minutes, until the flavors of the jalapeno hot sauce are combined and the sauce is the consistency you want.
5) Add to your favorite food and enjoy!
Each jalapeno hot sauce has its own unique flavors and goes with different foods so play around with some of the below hot sauce recipes and see which ones you like best.