Jalapeno Popper Appetizer Recipe
|DISCLAIMER: AS AN AMAZON ASSOCIATE I EARN FROM QUALIFYING PURCHASES. THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS THAT WILL REWARD ME MONETARILY OR OTHERWISE WHEN YOU USE THEM TO MAKE QUALIFYING PURCHASES. FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE READ MY EARNINGS DISCLAIMER.
Because of their wide distribution and easy availability, jalapeno peppers have captured the imagination of many Tex-Mex and Southwestern restaurants. Perhaps the biggest use of jalapenos is in their appetizer recipes.
Jalapenos are used in jalapeno poppers, “Armadillo Eggs”, nachos, salsas and dips and all sorts of other appetizers. Here’s some of the more popular jalapeno appetizer recipes.
Jalapeno Popper Recipes
Jalapeno poppers are a staple of American appetizers and are served at many restaurants from Tex-Mex to sports bars. Combining the spicy heat of the jalapenos with cooling cream cheese and melted cheddar or american cheese produces an amazing dish that is dining favorite.
There are several different variations in jalapeno popper recipes so we try to cover a few of them here.
Despite the differences, most recipes contain similar steps. These include stuffing the jalapeno peppers with a cheese mixture, coating them in flour or bread crumbs (or bacon) and deep frying or baking until cooked through. Feel free to experiment with different ingredients to make your own variations of jalapeno poppers.
To help with many jalapeno poppers recipes we recommend getting a jalapeno rack. You can definitely make poppers without one but we’ve found many uses for them. If you have a rack we recommend destemming and deseeding the jalapenos and leaving them whole from that point. It give them a little better presentation.
Oven Baked Jalapeno Poppers Recipe
This jalapeno popper recipe is very easy to make since you bake it in the oven instead of deep frying it. If you’re looking for a quick and easy recipe to throw poppers together whenever you want then this is the one for you.
To help with this oven baked jalapeno poppers recipe we recommend getting a jalapeno rack. You can definitely make it without one but we’ve found many uses for them. If you have a rack we recommend destemming and deseeding the jalapenos and leaving them whole from that point. It give them a little better presentation.
Jalapeno Popper Oven Baked Instructions
- 1 Pound Jalapeno Peppers
- 12 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 8 Ounces Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 5 Slices of Bacon
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Cup Dry Bread Crumbs
Jalapeno Popper Oven Baked Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Fry the bacon in a saute pan until crispy. Let cool slightly and then crumble.
3. Mix the cream cheese, shredded cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and crumbled bacon in a bowl. This mixture will act as the stuffing for the jalapeno poppers.
4. Cut off the stem from each jalapeno, cut them in half lengthwise and remove the seeds.
5. Fill each jalapeno half with the jalapeno popper stuffing mixture.
6. Roll each jalapeno in the bread crumbs to coat the stuffing with bread crumbs.
7. Place the jalapenos 1 layer deep in a lightly greased baking dish and bake uncovered for 20 to 30 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the bread crumbs begin to turn golden brown.
8. Serve the jalapeno poppers with ranch dressing or sour cream.
Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers Recipe
One of the simplest jalapeno popper recipes we have, this easy-to-make dish uses just 3 ingredients to create an intensely flavorful dish. By themselves, it’s hard to beat the taste of jalapenos, cheddar cheese, or bacon but combine them all together and you’ve got a winner.
Using different types of cheese in the stuffing is a great way to mix up the flavors of this dish. Cooking these on the grill is a great way to add some smokiness to the jalapeno poppers.
To help with the bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers recipes we recommend getting a jalapeno rack. You can definitely make poppers without one but we’ve found many uses for them including holding the peppers while you prep them. If you have a rack we recommend destemming and deseeding the jalapenos and leaving them whole from that point. It give them a little better presentation.
Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Ingredients
- 10 Jalapeno Peppers
- 16 Ounces Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 10 slices of bacon
Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Popper
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2. Cut the jalapeno peppers in half lengthwise and remove the stems and seeds.
3. Cut each piece of bacon in half.
4. Fill each jalapeno pepper half with cheddar cheese.
5. Wrap each jalapeno half with bacon and secure with a toothpick.
6. Put the bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers on a cookie sheet and bake in the oven until the bacon is fully cooked, about 7-10 minutes.
Serve the bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers with a ranch dressing or sour cream. Though they’re also great plain.